Dynamics GP October 2019 Feature of the Day Roundup #2
As JOVACO announced previously, Microsoft Dynamics GP is coming out this week, with this and future releases covered by Microsoft’s Modern Lifecycle Policy for more support and functionality moving forward.
Microsoft is also running a blog series called Dynamics GP October 2019 Feature of the Day to showcase some of the individual features coming out with this new version. Each week, JOVACO will post a roundup of the features that have been introduced.
Here is our second feature roundup:
- User Access Enhancements: These enhancements improve User Access Setup display options. You can choose to filter out inactive users, change the sort order of companies in the display scrolling window, and use a “Find By” field to search company names. The database name is also added to the scrolling window.
- Add Doc Attach to Bank Reconciliation: The document attach functionality has been added to Bank Reconciliation, allowing you to attach, view, and edit documents in Bank Deposit Entry, Bank Transaction Entry, Bank Deposit Inquiry Zoom and Bank Transaction Inquiry Zoom.
- Long Description Available for Payables Transactions: A new option in the Payables setup now displays a long description field in the Payables Transaction Entry. Descriptions of up to 200 characters can be entered into this field and will be displayed on cheques and documents printed from Payables Check Entry and Payables Transaction Entry.
- GL Journal Entry Enhancements: Enhancements have been brought to the Journal Entry Inquiry window. The year drop-down list is now displayed in reverse order, with the most recent year displayed first. A new field also displays the user who posted the entry for both open and historical journal entries.
- Payroll Option to Exclude Additional Withholding Amount: When building the cheque file, you can now choose to include or exclude the additional withholding for Federal, State and Local tax amounts.
Keep an eye on our blog to see the next roundup of Dynamics GP features next week! In the meantime, please contact us for more information or to start planning the migration of your system to the new release of Dynamics GP.