Senior Web DeveloperPermanent | Full-time | Immediate
For over 35 years, JOVACO Solutions, a Quebec-based company, has been recognized as a leading specialist in the development, implementation and deployment of business management systems (ERP and CRM). JOVACO’s mission is to keep humanism, innovation and team spirit at the heart of the company and employee values.
As part of the development team and answering to the R&D Director, the Senior Web Developer is responsible for the optimal use of available technologies for solutions in place and guides the technological vision for future developments. They bring an added value to the organization thanks to their flexibility, their participation to development projects, and their contribution to complex support cases. Their high-quality work, their communication and teaching skills, and their positive attitude allows them to coach their colleagues and advise management.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Have a global vision of available and upcoming technologies on the market and guide the technological vision of the organization in key accounts;
- Establish the necessary connections with technologies that meet the business needs of the organization and ensure the long-term sustainability of technologies already in place;
- Ensure the integration of various technological architectures and offer innovative solutions to overcome the organization’s issues and challenges;
- Propose solutions to refine applications and improve system performance;
- Provide training to members of the development team;
- Participate to the evolution and ensure the maintenance of database structures, including tables, indexes, data integrity, etc.;
- Help with the resolution of complex support cases, including Web and SQL performance issues;
- Work in collaboration with analysts to ensure a cohesive vision between the proposed solutions and technical requirements, and to evaluate and estimate development requests;
- Document the work completed as part of the project and share information to help with project progress;
- Carry out other related tasks to share responsibilities among team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT with at least 10 years of experience;
- Very good knowledge of Web Angular 2+ framework (Angular JS an asset);
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft. Net development environment and C# language;
- Very good knowledge of SQL Server (SQL objects, request optimization, Dacpac);
- Good knowledge of ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET WebApi;
- Good knowledge of IIS (website installation and configuration, security);
- Knowledge of Entity Framework 6+;
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server, development branch management;
- Knowledge of several tools (asset: BreezeJS, WinForms, Service NT / OWIN, Bootstrap, Material, PrimeNG, NuGet, MSBuild, etc.);
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology (asset);
- Skills in software architecture (asset);
- Recent Microsoft certifications (asset);
- Fluency in written and spoken French;
- Ability to communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Be a team player;
- Be creative and resourceful;
- Be geared towards self-study and the improvement of your skills and knowledge;
- Have an interest in new technologies;
- Motivated to obtain Microsoft certifications;
- Be dynamic and curious;
- Be autonomous, thorough, sociable and have high professional ethical standards;
- Be available for occasional travel outside the office;
- Have good communication and teaching skills.
- Friendly and stimulating work environment
- Opportunity to work on various large-scale projects in multiple industries
- Professional development to achieve experience and certifications for Microsoft applications
- Group insurance plan applicable from the first day of employment
- Group RRSP with employer contribution available after 6 months
- Company located in Anjou, near major highways and close to shops and restaurants
If you are a team player looking for challenges and looking to work in a dynamic and creative environment, join us at JOVACO!